[rollei_list] Re: Old film

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 16:57:49 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Max Weisenfeld" <max_weisenfeld@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>;
<rolleiusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, May 28, 2005 2:39 PM
Subject: [rollei_list] Old film

> Recently, there was a thread about old film.  Here are a
> few scans from my
> Father's negatives.  They were shot in 1947, 1950, and
> 1951.  Although he
> used Kodak chemistry, I do not know precisely what.  As
> you can see, they
> are in quite good shape.  These are new scans.
>
> http://www.leica-gallery.net/max3/folder-7973.html
>
> Sweetie and Max are his Parents.
> Janice is my mother.
>
> Max

   They are beautiful.  When I was in highschool I found a
box, now sadly lost, of negatives of snapshots of my family
going back to the 1930's. I printed several, the printed
beautifully. There were two I sorely miss: one of me with a
brand new sled when I was perhaps four.  I remember having
this picture taken. The other was a picture of my dad as a
young man on a horse. All this stuff got lost or tossed at
some point many years ago.
  I assume you mean Veripan as a contraction of Verichrome
Pan. If so, and if the dates are correct, the film is likely
old Verichrome, an orthochromatic film. Verichrome Pan
replaced the older film sometime around the mid-1950's,
maybe even later. It was good stuff as your photos show.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx