[rollei_list] Re: Old film

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 13:22:34 -0700

At 12:40 PM 5/30/2005, Jerry wrote:
>Richard,
>
>Was that last Agfacolor any relation to Anscochrome?  I used
>it a lot in the late 40's and the 50's.  The ones I have still have
>excellent color.  The Ektachromes have really deteriorated, but
>the Kodachromes are still perfect.
>
>Jerry

All I can say is that I have some Agfacolor stuff from 1963 taken with my
2.8C when I was living in The Netherlands.  The slides are all perfect, and
I got free overnight mail processing from some town on the German border.

For Ektachromes of the same vintage and camera, look at the restoration
examples on the Rollei Gallery.

The Agfacolor (actually I think it was called Agfachrome, transparency film
in any case) always had much higher color saturation than the Ektachrome,
perhaps it was tailored to work with the grey European skys.

DAW