[rollei_list] Re: OT "the price of gasoline"" (was: Cost of LF (was: Aust...

  • From: "Ruben" <ruben@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 07:18:35 +0200

Considder you folks lucky - gas is more than 6 USD / gallon in Danmark -
actually it was above 7 USD / Gallon last month !
On top of that When we buy a new car 180 % TAX is added on top of the price
and when that is done 25 % VAT. Then if it a fuel consuming car we pay about
3000 USD road tax a yaer + insurance.
In other words
A Jeep Grand Cherokee is about 200000 USD - If you are below 30 the
Insurance is 8000 USD and he road tax 3000 USD
If you drive 20000 KM a yaer the cost pr. KM owning a car like that
including service, gas, price of the car and insurance and taxes amounts to
5,7USD pr. KM or about 9 USD a mile! or 342.000 USD for 3 years