[rollei_list] Re: OT: small cameras for hiking...

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 20:20:02 -0300

2011/4/29 Richard Knoppow <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>.... The same is true of the focus
> cams in the Rollei TLR, if you relubricat them with normal light grease the
> focus focus is too loose. In the rollei the cam followers are adjustable but
> I don't think they should have to be adjusted when relubricating. Again, I
> don't know what sort of grease is suitable.

The Rollei Service Factory manual (1974) indicates the: "special
grease LO AL5/B1" to lubricate the focus cams. LO is for Losimol, a
German special lubricants manufacturer that still exists (english
version): http://www.losimol.de/start_e.htm
Losimol still manufactures special lubricants for cameras and others
fine mechanics products.

According a Jan Boettcher (Rollei Museum) info, Rollei is using for
the FX, FW and FT a "white" grease from Klueber for some focusing
mechanism parts, however they still use a Losimol amber grease  for
the curves focusing mechanism parts (f.e.cams). Losimol changed the
names for their lubricants but I think if someone is really interested
on the topic he could ask them for the equivalent directly. BTW, I
also think a good technician would about similar products.