[rollei_list] Re: OT: Zeiss Agencies

  • From: "Peter K." <peterk727@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 13:37:29 -0700

I did not mean you Frank. And yes, I agree with you on the last sentence. If
you actually look at percentage of GDP spent on military, the US is #28 with
4.06%. But since it has the largest GDP the actual value of $ is higher. So
using one statistic you can say the US Spends a lot, using another based on
% of GDP the US is further down the list, and the top 5 being:

1    Oman           11.40%         2005 est.
2    Qatar            10.00%         2005 est.
3    Saudi Arabia  10.00%     2005 est.
4    Iraq                 8.60%          2006
5    Jordan             8.60%         2006

--
Peter K
Ó¿Õ¬