[rollei_list] Re: OT St Patrick's day

  • From: Allen Zak <azak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 14:58:55 -0400

Although I, too, used to think that, it actually began in Kansas. BTW, WC is an apt abbreviation for the marque.

Allen Zak

On Mar 19, 2010, at 12:44 PM, Jon wrote:

If I remember correctly WC started in Columbus?

Sent from Olywa

On Mar 19, 2010, at 9:01 AM, Allen Zak <azak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

White Castle is still a presence here in Columbus, one within walking distance of where I live. It remains the same in almost every respect but the prices and what I consider a dubious update in the castle-ish building exterior. During daytime, frequented by a usual and ordinary fast food patron mix. Those are replaced in the wee hours by drunks, burnouts, street people and OSU students.

Over decades, not much has changed in the White Castle culture. Nowadays I find sliders disgusting, but way back when, it was the only restaurant in Columbus open after 2 AM, still largely the case today. The coffee was pretty good, though.

Allen Zak

On Mar 18, 2010, at 7:28 PM, Jeff Kelley wrote:

Jerry, they are available frozen in almost every grocery store! Maybe they
slide even easier with an icy coating?

I remember going to White Castle in Columbus, Ohio, in the 60s & the car
hops would run to and from the car!

Jeff Kelley