[rollei_list] Re: OT Seal Dry Mount Press

  • From: Mark Rabiner <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2009 00:50:04 -0400

People stopped dry mounting darkroom prints 15 years ago at least for
serious photography shows in galleries and museums and when preparing a
print for a serious collector. Its not considered archival.
You want to be able to rewash the print if there gets to be trouble.
And you don't want to subject it to that kind of heat any more.

Prints are mounted loosely with mounting corners and or tape after they are
dried on screens and then cold flattened.
Then put in a hinged over matt.
You get the stuff from these guys.
http://www.lightimpressionsdirect.com/
http://www.lightimpressionsdirect.com/item.action?itemId=93