[rollei_list] Re: OT: Restoring a 102 years old print

  • From: hoarcroft@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 16:28:27 -0500

Carlos, this is an extraordinary restoration. I have not had nearly as
good a result with a passport photo of my mother taken in 1920. It was
stamped by the authorities for authenticity, and it is faded probably
because it was inadequately fixed. Valiant hours with Photoshop have
yielded only partial results. I can therefore appreciate the patience and
skill it took to get the result you did. I would guess that the print was
rather larger than a passport photo, however; they are usually around the
70 mm square format.

Thank you for sharing this with us.

-
les clark / edgewater, nj / usa