[rollei_list] Re: OT Re: What is Velox? What are lantern slides?

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 13:43:05 -0700

At 10:10 PM 8/20/2006 -0400, Eric wrote, in part:

The entire philosphy of shooting the image size you want to print and contact printing was exactly my cup of tea... you compose and light in the camera and the contact print is full of tone and detail... 2-1/4 x 3-1/4 is just about ideal...

Goodness now I wish I had my old Kodak printer and a few boxes of Velox in different grades... that was magic...

Eric Goldstein

As far as a printer is concerned, all it takes is an enlarger as a light source and a sheet of glass to hold the negative and paper flat on the platen.

Don Williams La Jolla, CA