[rollei_list] Re: OT: Newton rings

  • From: Michiel Fokkema <michiel.fokkema@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2009 09:08:05 +0200

I on't know the scanner but I've had this also with my epson flatbed.
If the negatives are a bit curled he shiny side mught touch the glass of the scanner. This can cause the rings. flip the negative over with the not shiny side down. Mirror in PS and you're done. Or your negtaive carrier has glass in it which causes the rings. hen you need AN glass on the shiny side ofthe negatives.

Cheers,

Michiel Fokkema

Thor Legvold wrote:
Maybe some of the more experienced listers can give me a few tips. I'm scanning some negatives (Agfa APX/Rollei Retro 100) and on several frames keep getting moiré patterns, i.e. newton rings.

What can I do to prevent (or fix) this?

The negs are in the carrier that came with the scanner. I'm using Vuscan and a Canon 9950F on a Mac.

Thor