[rollei_list] Re: OT: Miscellany

  • From: "Robert Lilley" <54moggie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 14:20:35 -0400

I agree whole heartedly. My family has a history of citizen soldiers who
joined and were not drafted - The thing is you don't get to pick your war.
My grandfather was with the 97th Aero squadron in WWI, my father saw action
at Normandy, me - Vietnam and my sons Iraq. My grandfather once told me we
could be members of the Order of Cincinnatus or some such thing because in
the family there was an officer in the Revolution.  Not pursuing that -
can't claim him - he wasn't enlisted like the rest of us - beside we don't
join anything other than the army.

You are right - all of the Hey, hey LBJ types did become suits and gave us
Iraq.

Rob Lilley