[rollei_list] OT Leitz Slide Printer

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 21:25:30 -0800

Some time ago I aquired what appears to be a slide printer made by Leitz. It has no other labeling on it other than the Leitz Wetzlar trade-mark. I am curious to see if I can find out anything more about it.
It is a case about the size of a Leica screw mount camera body. It is fitted with two spools for the print film. These pass over a It has a red window on the back and a sprocketed roller with an index which stops after 8 perforations. It has a film gate on the front with a fold-down door to allow insertion of the negative. Both sides of the gate are equipped with optical glass flats. It is a quite simple device.
It appears that the slot for the negative film was originally equipped with felt or velvet strips. There are also two small posts on the front that look like they were intended to locate something, perhaps a light source.
Does anyone know what Leitz called this printer? I would like to track down an instruction book and need just a little more to go on.
BTW, I also picked up a Leitz slide binder. I think I payed about $5 US for both items at various local sales. Since I have a supply of Kodak Release Positive I would like to try making some B&W slides.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx