[rollei_list] Re: OT Kodak out of Digital?

  • From: John Jensen <jwjensen356@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 09:49:09 -0700 (PDT)

This looks very similiar to what IBM did with its
Personal Computer business, selling it to Lenovo of
(Red) China.

I recently bought a Thinkpad.  I purchased it on-line
via the Lenovo website and opted for the 'free' UPS
Ground Shipping.  I soon got several e-mail
confirmations and then started receiving shipping
updates including a UPS tracking number.  I tracked
the shipment using the UPS website and was surprised
to see that UPS had just air shipped it from Shanghai.
 Two days later it was delivered to my house.

I like the computer.  It says 'IBM Thinkpad' on it but
also has some Lenovo stickers on the underside.  But
it does rankle me that IBM 'sold out'.

I just bought the extended warranty that was offered.
I had to call back with some information and the auto
response on the telephone was 'IBM'.  You need a
program to tell who the players are.

John

http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.jhtml?pq-path=2709&pq-locale=en_US&gpcid=0900688a80589ba7