[rollei_list] Re: OT: Kodak Film Formats

Bob

I have a Rollei A110 and I found the images were not sharp. I checked the
depth measurements of film gate and the cartridge back. There was about 15
thou' difference  - the film could flop about and with such a small frame,
any out of focus blurr is unacceptable. I cut a shaped piece of thick
cellophane (clear so I could still read the frame numbers) and slipped it
between the cartridge back and the paper backing. This helped to keep the
film tight against the gate and then the camera produced sharp negatives. A
PITA to swap it from cartridge to cartridge but I did not use the camera
very often. I guess this could be done with 126 cartridges too. My
Rolleiflex SL126 produces excellent photographs without any packing.

It is a pity that processing is so expensive - not surprising that film is
not readily available in these two formats.

John