[rollei_list] Re: OT: Kodak Film Formats

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 08:39:17 -0400

At 03:27 AM 7/19/2010, you wrote:

>Looks like I'm not alone in thinking this, and I'd call it the
>Conventional Wisdom on the subject.

Again, David, you are entitled to reside in your own version of la-la-land. I will stay with what has been set out since 1963, that 126 was just an update of 828. Frankly, nothing else makes sense. 127 was dead in sales by 1955, and 828, as well. Kodak had no reason to kill off 127 and they had every reason to upgrade 135.

I am not interested in sales hype from Kodak. Get me an article from Herb Keppler saying that 126 was aimed only at the destruction of 135. THAT would carry some weight.

Again, we will do best just to agree to disagree.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!