[rollei_list] Re: OT: Hahnemühle inkjet papers, anyone know of retailers that ship internationally?

  • From: Mark Rabiner <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 19:36:07 -0500

> Hi Stephen,
>
> I've also use B&H before.  They are very reliable, but unfortunately not
> very cost effective for smaller items like this.
> Their shipping to Norway is very costly and you really have to buy
> something quite expensive for it to make sense.
>
> I might try to pool with someone locally to see if we can make it pay by
> making a larger shipment.
> Amazon.co.uk or amazon.com has much more reasonable shipping, but they
> don't ship these product here unfortunately.
>
> Thanks for you suggestion.  I'll keep looking.
>
> Best regards,
> Håkon
>

> Stephen Attaway skrev:
>> Hakon:
>>
>> B&H in New York City ships almost worldwide.
>>
>> "We do not ship to Iran, Sudan, Cuba, Syria, or North Korea."
>>
>> http://www.bhphotovideo.com
>>
>> I've been a satisfied customer of theirs for over 20 years.
>>
>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> Stephen

It's a German company http://www.hahnemuehle.com/site/en/169/home.html
I just checked.
And Germany  not that far from Norway.
813 km from Rostock to Oslo.
I'd hope one could go to the website:
Click  "suggested retailers in our neighborhood" like most companies
And have it be there.
But no.
Usually in a recession a company will iron out issues like that and try to
make it less of a mystery on how spend money in their direction.
How can we give Hahnemühle our money?
Could a box of paper fall off the back of a truck on the way to the airport
on the way to to Japan or the US?

It turns out Hahnemühle  is located in north central Germany though a tad
south of Hannover.
Hahnestraße 3
37586 Dassel, Germany
05561 791-0hahnemuehle.com