[rollei_list] Re: OT: Getting into 4x5 for the first time...

  • From: ralaubach@xxxxxxx
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 19:06:38 -0400

Congrats, Jeff.  Don't worry too much about the Polaroid (hemmhorroid (sp?))
holder as it will be worth nothing soon.  Polaroid announced that it stopped
manufacturing it's 4x5 films, the only Polaroid film still made in the US in MA
along with their Netherlands integral films 600 and Spectra, and Mexican made
pack films.  Fuji may make some, but doubtful if they'd make 400 speed Type 52,
100 speed type 54, good old posi-neg Type 55, hi contrast Type 57 and color
type 59.  But to take care of it, open up the thick end by pulling with thumb
and fingers on either side.  You'll see the roller mechanism - at each end
you'll see a ? shape hook that hooks over a nub at each end.  If you slide that
back, you can swing out the top stainless steel roller and clean it, and the
roller inside.  Remember you got yourself a camera that sells new without lens
or accessories for $2721.00 !!  And it's a great system.  Can't wait to see
your images.

Bob