[rollei_list] Re: OT - Formula One and Perpetual Motion

  • From: Frank Dernie <Frank.Dernie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 06:40:54 +0000

Sadly David the IRL rules are the most awful set of rules I have ever
read for a single seater formula. I fear IRL is in the process of selkf
destructing. It is such a shame that rich men's egos caused the split
of USAC into IRL and CART, nobody has been a winner in this spiteful
contest and a great series was destroyed. CART rules are 100 times more
technically interesting than IRL but they started getting too popular
so "somebody important" screwed their TV deal, ruining their ability to
raise adequate budgets. It is picking up again now as IRL wanes.
Frank