[rollei_list] Re: OT EFKE/ADOX [was Kodak Conjecture...]

  • From: Ferdi Stutterheim <fwstutterheim@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 18:04:02 +0100

I do not know all the details. Anyway the Adox brand became available for re-registration a few years ago. Two different companies, one of them Fotoimpex of Berlin, Germany, the other one a Canadian (?) firm registered the Adox name in different parts of the world. I believe "Bluefire" is used by one of them in case the Adox name cannot be used in a particular market.

Fotoimpex is a major seller of EFKE film in Europe. Some film supplied by Fotoimpex under the Adox brand is made by EFKE, other film is just re-branded Ilford.

Ferdi.

Op 8-feb-2007, om 17:03 heeft Jeff Kelley het volgende geschreven:

I'm still not clear on what's really going on with the EFKE/ADOX situation. Apparently there are at least two different entities using the ADOX trademark in different parts of the world.

I ordered 3 different EFKE films from Freestyle and all of it came in a gray and white box labeled "ADOX." So, the ISO 25, 50, 100 EFKE films are the same as ADOX in both 35mm and 120 formats. This is the stuff made in Croatia.

However, the "Bluefire" branded stuff which is also "ADOX" trademarked is apparently from an entirely different company, not in Croatia.

Jeff