[rollei_list] Re: OT - Bokken

I know, I have a Lynx 14. It is a wonderful camera and the lens is
first rate, but the combo is not light.
The Zeiss cameras I was referring to was the Contaflex. It had
interchangeable lenses. I am not very familiar with these cameras, so
I leave details to Jerry, Richard, et al who know far more. I do
remember they went out business around 1971. Their lense had leaf
shutters and were slow. I was told that to make the Zeiss designs
faster would involve a change in design, a different shutter, and
hence increase the price and size of the lens. They had a 50mm F2.8 as
the standard lens while all the Japanese SLRs with focal plane
shutters had 50mm F1.4 lenses. They also had a top speed of 1/500 secs
while the focal plane SLRs had 1/1000.
Eventually, Canon and Nikon and others put them out of business with
faster lenses and lower prices.

Peter K

--=20
Peter K