[rollei_list] Re: OT Ancient Computers (was Re: Re: Rollei -Singapore)

  • From: Robert Lilley <54moggie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 09:41:41 -0500

Eric,

But as you sort of said, it peaked and it's not evolving. Whether I like it or not, the 'emerging technology of digital imaging' will eventually surpass film.

Rob

On Jan 12, 2009, at 9:29 AM, Eric Goldstein wrote:

Hi Elias -

Fair is in the eye of the beholder but my point really is to use the
comparison to demonstrate the difference in the maturity between the
two industries. 50 years ago, Rollei could design a film camera which
is still close to the best available all these many years later, and
which even bests the emerging technology of digital imaging on just
about every measure but low-light shooting and turn-around...

Eric Goldstein

--

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 9:24 AM, Eric Goldstein <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Aaron -

Yes, I mis-spoke... it is the 25th anniversary of Macintosh.

Eric Goldstein

--

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 8:46 AM, Aaron Reece <oboeaaron@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Jan 11, 2009, at 8:50 PM, Eric Goldstein wrote:

This month is the 25th anniversary of Apple...

Apologies for nitpicking (what? on THIS list?) but Apple Computer was
incorporated January 3, 1977, making it 32 years old.

Best regards,
Aaron

- Subscribe at rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe'in the
subject field OR by logging into www.freelists.org