[rollei_list] Re: OT: A Non-Regrettable Non-Absence

At 06:31 PM 9/4/2010, Roger Beverage wrote:
Marc;

If you ever do get up here, I will be pleased to be your guide to L.L. Bean's, which is all of five miles away from me. The best time to avoid the crowds is to go around 2:00 AM, as they are open 24 hrs. It is a long day's drive from Richmond. I have been there once and visit northern Va often as a civil war reenactor. The weather here last week was as hot as yours, BTW.

From what my wife tells me, it was a bit hotter -- her daughter's family had to shuck around to get fans, as no one in Bangor has AirCon. Our weather was steamily humid but not hot over the past several days -- 95 deg F (35 deg Centigrade) or so. Now it is low humidity and 80 deg F (25 deg C, darkroom temperatures!). I am trying to convince my wife to retire to northern Canada or Patagonia!

I can not think of any circumstances which would ever see me in Maine at any point -- like a fine wine, I do NOT travel well!, but, trust me, if such happen, I will bear your most kind offer in mind. SyFy seems to be doing a Stephen King Marathon this weekend, incidentally. He is not my favorite, but Maineacs probably ought to watch, him being the primary claim to fame of the State, pace MG Joshua Chamberlain, who now seems forgotten even in Maine.

Thank you for your kind thoughts. If you are ever here in the Mother of Presidents, I will be delighted to host you to a fine night, though at nothing as crass as Bean's. Perhaps at a fine steak house?

Be well,

Marc