[rollei_list] Re: OT: 35mm RF (Voigtlander Bessa)

  • From: Peter J Nebergall <iusar4s@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 14:47:04 -0500

Some SM Leicas are less desirable (to collectors) than others -- but just
as good.  I didn't pay too much for my IIC (under $300) and still carry
it on trips.  Another choice would be the Canon VT (same mount, and
always a few of those about.)  The Canon 7 (my favorite) is just a mite
too big to be "compact."  So is the Canon P.

And the IIc was, per Wetzlar, an "entry level" machine (like the IIf),
but greedy collectors have kicked the price skyward just as they are
doing to petrol futures...  Its all about "investment."  YECCH.  LIVE
your life; when it's your time -- you're gone.  Life is not an
investment.

P.J. Nebergall