[rollei_list] Re: OT: 35mm RF (Voigtlander Bessa)

  • From: Eric Goldstein <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 15:51:05 -0400

Jeffery Smith wrote:

Thor,

A very nice rangefinder that would be good for outdoor photography is the Bessa R2S commemorative edition. It is a Nikon-mount rangefinder (metered) with a 50/3.5 Heliar (non-collapsible). If you decide you want to use it indoors, used Nikon 50/1.4 lenses are pretty common. The Heliar is the best performing lens I have ever used. Cameraquest sell them, but they are no longer being made. If you are a one camera, one lens shooter like HCB, it is a good one provided you can live with the slowness of the lens.

Jeffery

Wanted to add two things...

That 50/3.5 Heliar was tested/reported to be fully corrected wide open and if I'm remembering right, by the same account the most highly corrected mass-produced lens in all of 35 mm photography...

Jeffrey smith has a LOT of experience shooting the C/V system and has some really beautiful images to prove it...

Eric Goldstein --- Rollei List