[rollei_list] Re: News from Braunschweig

  • From: "Neil Gould" <neil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 09:17:50 -0600

Hi all,

Recently, you wrote:

> rollei_list Digest Tue, 23 Jan 2007 Volume: 03  Issue: 022
>
> From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> 2)Due to a significant contract between F&H and Sinar
> to manufacture HY6 cameras, Sinar is the new official
> distributor for the Rollei 6000 system, X Act 2 and
> HY6 cameras respecting the Rollei Berlin rights for
> the distribution too. Sinar is offering 6008 cameras
> to be replaced afterwards when the HY6 becomes
> available, they also offer a special price for the
> 6008 if the customer wants this camera as back for the
> HY6.

What a twist of events! The relationship between Sinar and F&H should be
good for the Rollei 6000 series.

> From: "Jeffrey L. Bromberger" <jeffrey@xxxxxxxx>
>
> So, does this mean the death of the 6008?  Items such as film backs
> and lenses will cease to be available as they all get replaced by the
HY6
> system?  What about those of us who forked over close to a bazillion
> bucks (figuratively) for a nice 6008 system - trade in programs never
> seem to be as nice as they should be...

With F&H's commitment to maintaining compatibility over the years, I'd be
shocked if they would re-engineer the HY6 to be incompatible with 6000
series components. My question is what all this means for digital backs
for the 6008i? Eventually, I'd like to get one.

> From: Douglas Nygren <dnygr@xxxxxxxxxx>
>
> I found the following in a report about the HY6. It reports that all
> lenses beginning with the SLX can be used with the HY6. There will
> also be a new series of lenses designed for this camera:
[...]
> Looking at some photos of the HY6 and the equipment that supports it,
> I thought the battery and battery charger looked similar to those of the
> 6000 series.

Thanks, Doug!

Neil