[rollei_list] Re: New old toy..

  • From: "Peter K." <peterk727@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 19:00:07 -0700

It is a 3.5E Type 1 with meter, but without Rolleikin counter. And of course
the desirable Planar lens.

Peter K

On 6/6/06, David Restall - System Administrator <dave@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Group,

I went to an auction today to buy an old bicycle to saw up to make a
recumbent.

While waiting for the bike to come round, I bid for and won a Rollei TLR
:-)

I know impulse buying etc. I hadn't checked it beforehand but it only
set me back £42.00 (about $80.00 USD) including buyer's premium.

It is pretty tidy (been suffering from neglect but all in all I'm
pretty chuffed with it) and I think it's in fair condition to say it's
approaching 50 :-)  Everything seems to work, the wind on, the counter
the shutter etc., don't know about the light meter I need some help there
with how to operate it especially as to what all the buttons do and how
the table works on the back with the button (shown in pic 214 below).

Serial number is 1751149 which as far as I can find is a 3.5E, however
looking at the photos on Sui Fai's site, it is different from the E2 and
the
E3.  Can anybody give me a more accurate model number.  I have taken a
few pictures of it and you can see them at :-

       <http://dave.restall.net/rollei/dscn0213-800x600.jpg>
       < http://dave.restall.net/rollei/dscn0214-800x600.jpg>
       <http://dave.restall.net/rollei/dscn0215-800x600.jpg>
       < http://dave.restall.net/rollei/dscn0216-800x600.jpg>
       <http://dave.restall.net/rollei/dscn0218-800x600.jpg>
       < http://dave.restall.net/rollei/dscn0219-800x600.jpg>

Can anybody shed some light on its operation and use ?  I have a 6008i
and a 3.5 Automat and the manuals for these are not really appropriate.

One other thing, there appeared to be a film in it, I could feel it
dragging when I wound on to 7 and the numbers indicated it was set
to ISO200.  I took another 6 shots and wound it on.  I opened the back
and there was a roll of Kodak Tri-X in it.  I'd like to develop this but
have never done Tri-X before, I tend to be conservative and use Ilford and
ID11.  Will Tri-X develop in ID11 or have I got to use something else ?

I was outbid on my bike - I dropped out at £15.00 and it went to £55.00,
but I still came out with a grin on my face.

And finally, what do you all think of my buy ?  Was it a good one or was
I ripped off ?

Cheers,

Dave
mail/rollei-users/2006-06-06.tx                        rolleiusers
rollei.list

http://www.iirc.net |

| Pretend to spank me -- I'm a
pseudo-masochist!                             |

Peter K
Ó¿Õ¬