[rollei_list] Re: NEW ADMINISTRATIVE ANNOUNCEMENTS: PLEASE READ!

  • From: Masumi Yamamuro <surgeon24hrs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 12:57:31 -0500

> Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 12:48:00 -0400> To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> From:
> marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [rollei_list] NEW ADMINISTRATIVE
> ANNOUNCEMENTS: PLEASE READ!> > List Folks:> > Several things of merit need
> attention by us all from time to time:> > a) This is a Rollei List, not a
> general photography list. I don't > mind an occasional wandering off-topic,
> but I would ask that we keep > such diversions to a bare minimum. If it
> doesn't involve the care > and feeding of Rollei cameras, I would suggest
> that the topic be > taken up elsewhere. And, PLEASE! Every off-topic comment
> should be > so marked in the SUBJECT block by adding, at the > beginning:
> OFF-TOPIC so the unwary can be alerted and read or delete > as they wish.> >
> b) PLEASE change the subject block when a thread grows away from its >
> original subject matter. That is, a thread might begin, honestly > enough,
> marked with a subject heading of OLD STANDARD ROLLEIFLEX > LENSES but the
> topic might shift, over days
 , to coverage of modern > Xenotar lens design. When this happens, please have
the courtesy to > your fellow list members to change the subject block to:
MODERN > XENOTAR LENS DESIGN or somesuch.> > c) When those taking the digest
respond, PLEASE reset the subject block!> > d) Please be careful to trim the
quoted text in the message to which > you are replying. That is, please
block-and-cut or whatever your > software requires to reduce the quoted text to
the bare minimum > necessary to maintain continuity. Most of you are already
doing this > quite nicely, but it would be best if we all were quite
conscientious > in doing so!> > e) Should you be out of the loop for a few
days, pray, do NOT use an > auto-response message of any sort, or I will simply
unsubscribe > you! Such messages will be replayed, ad nauseam, to the entire >
list. Please unsubscribe if you must for the period you will be gone.> > f)
Please send your messages in plain-text only. HTML and similar > codings a
 re NOT looked on with favor by the undersigned!> > g) Thankfully, we are a
polite and communal lot, so I will only say > that we have never experienced
the sort of flaming agonies which > occasionally afflict other lists. I would
like to see this collegial > spirit of good-will and honest debate continue. To
that end, please > remember that postings to the Rollei List are in the nature
of > conversations between good friends, and these ought not be repeated >
outside the List without the explicit permission of the original > poster. If
you disagree with something someone has said, then this > should be taken up
directly with that person either on-List or by > direct off-List contact.> > h)
Archives for traffic during the Rollei List's tenure on MEJAC are > available
at http://homepage.mac.com/fwstutterheim/rugarchives/> > > i) Frequently
asked/answered questions (FAQ) sites:> >
http://www.stutterheim.nl/rollei/faq.html>
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/3762/Rollei/index
 .html> > j) WTB/FS ads are to be posted on Fridays, your time, only. This is >
a different rule than that employed on other Lists such as the LUG > (whenever
it is Friday somewhere in the world) or the IDCC (every > other Wednesday).> >
Marc James Small> Rollei List Administrator> > ---> Rollei List> > - Post to
rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> > - Subscribe at rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
with 'subscribe' > in the subject field OR by logging into www.freelists.org> >
subject field OR by logging into www.freelists.org> > - Online, searchable
MSN相談党、誕生。あなたの知識で日本を変えよう。党首には押切もえが就任!