[rollei_list] Re: Merry Christmas!

  • From: Robert Meier <robertmeier@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2009 17:50:18 -0600 (CST)

Happy New Year, Marc, and all.   You do a fine job maintaining our list.

My son, his wife and two boys are still in flight from D.C. to here, St. Paul. Our Christmas will start in about an hour.

Bob

On Dec 25, 2009, at 5:00 PM, Marc James Small wrote:

Christmas Day is 3/4 done here, and I hope that all of you had a day as enjoyable as was ours. My wife and I come from a very scattered family -- my wife's daughters live in Michigan and Maine, and my own son lives in Alaska, so off-spring Yuletide visits are rare. Shucks, I have one aunt in Roanoke and another in Annapolis and a few cousins scattered about Virginia but most of our families are scattered and, to be blunt, neither my wife nor I are really in touch with the extended families -- for instance, I have no regular contact at all with anyone on my father's side though, as the sole male Grandchild, I sometimes do get requests for information and genealogical assistance from the cousins. After all, I am the only one who owns an autograph of William Small, my great-great- grandfather, dating from 1828, and countersigned by my grandfather in 1898.

In any event, one of my wife's nieces visited us, and we ended up going to the movies to see the new Sherlock Holmes flick. The niece is a vegetarian, so we are holding off the turkey-and-fixings feast until the morrow, just my wife and I and lots of grand food!

I am really proud to have you guys on this List. I learn new things all the time and we generally maintain a proper tone and respect for each other. Thanks, folks!

And a Happy New Year to you folks, as well.

Marc James Small
Rollei List Owner

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!