[rollei_list] Re: Maxwell Screen - Self Installation?

  • From: Craig Roberts <crgrbrts@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 17:16:05 -0400

Richard Sintchak wrote:

"BTW, I know Harry is good, if not the best, but Paul does a great job too, is pretty fast and very reasonable in price...."

I'll second Richard's endorsement. At his suggestion I sent my 2.8C to Paul a couple of weeks ago for a routine cleaning, lubrication and adjustment. It arrived back today looking like new and functioning more smoothly than any Rollei I've owned.

The camera was a sight unseen auction purchase from a guy who'd apparently left it on a dark closet shelf for many years in its everready case. Bad! Very bad! Predictably, the advertised "mint" lenses were full of fog, dust and (horrors!) fungus.

Paul Ebel, however, disassembled and cleaned the optics thoroughly as part of his CLA process. While there is some inevitable internal coating discoloration (though no glass damage), Paul has restored the lenses to a perfectly useable condition and has "saved" this camera.

Paul's turnaround time is on a par with Krikor Maralian's and the quality of his CLA service appears to be every bit as good as Harry's. Best of all, the cost of Paul's excellent work is a fraction of his colleagues'. Plus, he's a very nice fellow with whom you can hqve a very pleasant and informative conversation.

In short, Mr. Ebel is extremely able.

Craig
Washington, DC