[rollei_list] Re: "MIME encoding" (was: TEST)

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 17:54:35 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2005 5:49 PM
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: "MIME encoding" (was: TEST)

> ----- Original Message -----=20

   So, this proves the odd charactes above are caused by the
list machine converting Quoted-Printible to plain text. When
the special characters are sent without coding of any sort
they are reproduced properly as in my first test. The hash
characters in earlier posts were caused by my turning on
MIME and setting it for Base-64 as an option for _plain
text_ in OE. I will not test attachments here because they
should never be sent to the list. I have sent binary
attachments via e-mail with these settings and they came
through OK. Advise is to set your mail program so that it
sends mail to the list in plain text with no MIME encoding
at all if your mail program allows that.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx