[rollei_list] Re: Lifespan for Rollei 6008 battery?

This is a follow-up to something I posted about 3 weeks ago.

Well, with a little help from Ferdi S, I used a voltmeter across the
battery.  I was amazed to see voltage, but darn near almost no amps.  I
didn't think this could happen (or maybe I was doing something wrong,
still).

I managed to connect a small hobby-sized lightbulb across the terminals of
the battery.  It took almost 6 hours for the battery to drain all the way
down.  What a surprise.  The lightbulb was a slow drain, the battery never
even got warm.

Now, with it totally tapped out, I slapped it back into the charger.  Left
it overnight in the den.  Did notice that the lights stayed on this time.
When I got back to it in 8 or so hours, it was back into the slow charge
mode.

With a small prayer, I popped the battery into the camera.  Now, it happily
reports "bc=FULL" and the system is flying again.  We're back in business.
I guess that I must have left the battery with some charge left on it, and
over the idle time, it took a set.

Thanks to all who offerend advise and instructions!

Jeffrey L. Bromberger
jeffrey@xxxxxxxx