[rollei_list] Re: Leicas and Nikons and Rolleis

  • From: Douglas Nygren <dnygr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 23:26:54 -0400

I tested my M6' ability to survive a fall by dropping it by accident onto the streets of New York City from a height of five feet. It fell directly onto the concrete sidewalk with a terrible crash. It had a slight scratch and worked fine. Another M6 did less well from a height of six feet. It fell from the shelf of a German closet onto a wooden floor, bending the focusing ring of the lens and slightly bending the body so that it took some doing to get the film out.

I did not have an opportunity to test my Nikkormat. Somehow it always stayed glued to my hands.

I did however find that Kafka's house in Prague does have some magical power. While taking a foto of it back in 1968, my Praktika Nova B mysteriously stopped working. It was the first and only time this happened. I think I bought the camera from a guy name "Josef K."

Doug