[rollei_list] Re: LIST

  • From: Richard Knoppow <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 23:13:39 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Kotsinadelis <peterk727@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Feb 8, 2005 10:22 PM
To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: LIST

How did you find out 177?

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 20:04:53 -0800, Richard Knoppow
<dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>=20

--=20
Peter K
         There is a statistical summary at the bottom of the list which shows
the total number of subscribers and the class of subscriber, i.e., regular,
administrator, hidden, etc.
         The count of active vs: lurkers was a guess. The list shows activity
by each subscriber. I didn't count but my visual scan indicated that only about
1/3 of the subscribers have ever posted. I counted those with the largest
number of posts. If falls off rather quickly. I am guessing here but I think
that about five people account for half the traffic.
          I hope the lurkers find the posts interesting to read, perhaps some
are prople who subscribed, got disgusted, but never unsubscribed.  Or, perhaps
I should remind people that this is an open list, not the private property of
only a few, everyone is invited to participate. I hope that perhaps this will
insprire some who have only been reading to join in. I have not looked at the
statistics of the Pure-silver list where I am also an administrator. I will and
see if the distribution is similar. Perhaps this is true of most mailing lists.

--
Richard Knoppow
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx