[rollei_list] Re: 'Kodak, Don't Take My Kodachrome'

  • From: Marc James Small <msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 21:28:31 -0400

At 01:10 PM 5/31/05 -0700, Richard Knoppow wrote:

>   The article also refers to Kodachrome as having "lurid"=20
>color. Of course it doesn't. That may have been true for=20
>1940's Kodachrome but the current stuff is pretty lifelike.=20

Richard

My father purchased a Kodak 8 Cine camera in 1938 and I have almost all of
the films he made with it across the room from me -- he did edit out shots
of his first wife at some point before I was born.  All of these, even the
earliest, are true color today, though I hate to view them as it is a bit
embarrassing to review the movies of Christmas when you were four years old
or the like.  I will say, though, that, judging from the earlier pictures,
especially those from the War (Dad took the camera to Alaska where he
commanded an AA Battery from 1942 to 1943) and those shot after the War, my
father was a hunk in his day and my mother was a beauty.  I do not remember
them in that way, and it is neat to see them restored to a youth I never
saw at first hand.

I still hve the camera but no longer use it, as we have to jump through
hoops to get single-8 movie film these days and the processing is a bear to
locate.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx=20
Cha robh b=E0s fir gun ghr=E0s fir!