[rollei_list] Re: Kodachrome

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 14:05:09 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "Don Williams" <dwilli10@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, October 12, 2005 1:31 PM
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: Kodachrome

At 01:17 PM 10/12/2005, Frederic Fichter wrote:
Bottom line : Kodachrome yes but in 120 format no more.

Fred

I'm really out of it. I didn't know that Kodachrome was ever
available in 120 format.

I could have misinterpreted the sentence, and maybe the "120 format
no more" meant no color transparency stock in 120 format.

Don Williams
La Jolla, CA

At various times Kodachrome has been available in a wide varity of sizes. Until less than ten years ago it was made in 35mm and 120 rolls. Kodak killed the 120 size by the simple expedient of making processors change to a new machine which took only 35mm. Kodak really wants to kill off Kodachrome but there are a lot of stock shooters and others who prefer it because it has better dark storage stability than any other material.
Before Kodak made Ektachrome available c.1950 Kodachrome was available in sheets up to 16x20!

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx