[rollei_list] Re: Karl Heitz, RIP (Query: Mechancial Cameras)

  • From: Allen Zak <azak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 17:53:27 -0400

For a time, his print ads for Gitzo  featured a pair of women's legs in
the foreground framing a tripod, borderline suggestive (maybe not so
borderline).  My wife was quite offended, as was MS. Magazine, and
strongly recommended a boycott.  By that time I was already a Gitzo
owner and didn't have to take sides, but I did raise the matter with
Mr. Heitz.  His response was, in essence, favorable to whatever moved

Allen Zak