[rollei_list] Joe Rosenthal

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 18:38:54 -0700

Joe Rosenthal, who took the famous picture of the (second) flag raising at Iwo Jema died yesterday near San Francisco.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14446355/

I have no idea what kind of camera he used then, but his picture is a good example of photos that influence all of us for a long time.

I did what I could with the photo in the article, but can't tell whether there is a camera there, however with a little imagination one can make out the front of a Rollei Lens Hood. Maybe a bit early for Rollei's but I'm sure someone in the group will know.

DAW