[rollei_list] Re: Jobo rotary processor

  • From: Thor Legvold <tlegvold@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 17:02:55 +0200

Hi Rob,

thanks for the info.

One reason I am attracted to the Jobo is that I (think I) can find good settings for my film, developer and exposure, then set it and forget it, letting it run automatically while I do other things.

As it is I don't really have time to develop film (the local lab does it for me), but I could load reels in a tank and let it run while I'm working with other stuff.

Would it work in this way?

Thor

On 11 Jun, 2008, at 16:22, Robert Lilley wrote:

Thor,

If you are doing just B&W, I wouldn't bother with Jobo processors but the
drums are great.

I own a JoboDrum Expert 3006 drum I use for 4x5 and 5x7 sheet film with wonderful results. It has gearing on the front to be used with some of the Jobo processors but I just use it by itself atop an old Chronomega 'dual action agitator' drum roller. Likewise, I used the smaller Jobo drums for 35mm and medium format. My overall take is that B&W temperatures, etc are not as critical as color and so do not require the temperature bath set up the processors provide. In fact until I got the Chronomega roller, I just rolled the drums back and forth on my kitchen counter with good results.

Rob