[rollei_list] Re: Ivor Matanle

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 07:23:34 -0300

Marvin:
           It looks like you only consider "family album"
un-thoughtful photographs, I have a different idea about a "family
album", BTW it can contain un-thoughtful photographs, those ones
someone takes to keep special family moments like a birthday party,
but a "family album" can also contain excellent photographs with a
real artistic worth. I have seen some photographers "family albums"
with identical or better quality regarding the photographs they take
for their customers in the studio or outdoors. Wedding photographs are
part of the family album, some of them can reach very high artistic
and technical worth.
If you don't know the photographer personally, the only way you could
know a photograph is about a photographer relative is because the
photographer or someone knowing the photographer family explained it,
this fact add nothing or detracts nothing to the image value, if you
disqualify an image saying it's a "family album" shot, your comment
does not contain a real artistic and/or technical concept to
disqualify it, you are expressing a preconcept that has nothing to do
with images analysis and technical knowhow, a photograph could have a
good or bad framing, a right composition for the situation but without
a special artistic value, the DOF could be interesting or not, the
main focus for a portrait could be right or not, etc.,etc., artisitc
and technical criteria can be applied to any photographs, family album
shot or not.

Carlos