[rollei_list] Re: Ivor Matanle

  • From: "Marvin" <marvin0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 13:43:51 +0800

Carlos, thanks for your post. I have had some time to think about it. I want
to point out that I am trained in analysis of images and additionally expect
a little bit of technical knowhow when I look at images.

Un-thoughtful photographs are not my preferred choice, nor is it the type of
photography that I would aspire to.

One can always take a photograph on their dinner break or coffee break as it
where, often times this is plainly obvious to see, given one has a little
bit of experience and is a photographer. Often this type of "it will do
photograph" is accompanied by a short anecdote, probably because the image
doesn't speak for itself.

Now I don't expect everyone to understand or be able to analyze at this
level, I suppose as Mark pointed out there is no determiner for taste, in
one way he's right, since some enjoy Shakespeare and others Steven King. I
like them both, but I do know which one I aspire to.

As you point out father and daughter are valuable subjects and indeed I have
both. Though I don't see galleries too often display family albums.
My final comment is your camera is your own you take photographs of what you
want. What concern is it of mine. From what I have seen of your photographs
technically they are very good.
It is good that we are not too defensive as we might have something to learn
from one another.
Thanks again for your post.
Marvin.