[rollei_list] Re: Idle Musings on Darkroom Chemistry, B&W

  • From: Allen Zak <azak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 21:42:08 -0400

I remember the recipe, although until now, not its originator.

Hello, there!

Allen Zak

On Jul 24, 2007, at 3:39 PM, aghalide@xxxxxxx wrote:

I think about 30 years ago in my Protechniques column in Modern Photography I suggested D-23 by mixing one ounce of metol and one pound of Sodium Sulphite in one gallon of water.

although not exactly D-23, it is close enough. .Ed

> Although I can vouch for the effectiveness of these developers, IMHO
> almost any film that needs developing can be dipped in off the shelf,
> packaged D76, with none the wiser (PQ developers for push processing,
> if you really, really have to). When properly exposed and processed,
> the differences in any category of measure are too small to matter.
> That doesn't mean there are no advantages to other developers, but
gr> those are usually in their economy or ease of use. One exception is

0000,0000,EEEEhttp://www.awh-imaging.co.uk/barrythornton/2
> bath.htm
>

> Petr
>

> On 7/24/07, Gene Johnson
> <<0000,0000,EEEEgenej2ster@xxxxxxxxx>
& gt; wr ote: My favorite developer is a homebrew that was developed by