[rollei_list] Re: Here's my excuse...Fuji slide films

2010/7/11 Allan Derickson <alland435@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
 >....My Automat had
> a fresh roll of Astia and I wanted to try it anyway. >
> So I slap on a R5 filter for the shady part, take a meter reading and add
> half a stop...

I found Fuji Astia excellent for color portraits, it reproduces skin
tones very well, but I prefer Fuji Provia to reproduce natural colors
in general; Astia has very desaturated colors  and it could be
disappoiting for landscapes and other kind of subjects IMO.
Sometimes I use Velvia to saturate subjects that have vivid colors.
Your excuse to buy more cameras is very good, you could add other TLR
for dedicated 35mm film Rolleikin adapter use, you'll obtain similar
or better results than with several 35mm format lenses.