[rollei_list] Re: Heliopan filters on BIII Rollei

  • From: bigler@xxxxxxxx
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 11:25:33 +0200 (CEST)

> Hi Folks I just got a few of these (new) for Black and white work
> with my Rolleiflex (an 2.8FX). Trouble is they dont seem to secure
> properly on the bayonet - I can't twist them enough to get the
> locking click.

I do not know if this answer was given in the thread, so pardon me if
this has alredy be mentioned or if this is irrelevant.

I use Heliopan bayonet filters on my R-TLRs and on Hasselblad lenses
(series 50 and 60) on a regular basis.

On the Heliopans, there is no groove like on the original Rollei's. So
you should never expect any "click". Original Rollei's are machined
with quite a large tolerance, the slot will secure the filter in place
and absob all play between the filter and the front bayonet. For some
unknwon reason, Heliopan on their bayonet filters did not mimic this
Rollei system, probably because they use the same CNC program for all
their bayonet filters and did not want to have a special machining
program for Rollei bayonet filters.

You simply have to adjust the friction by inserting something like a
screwdriver blade, ideally a plastic screwdriver blade inside the
slots on the side of the mount and adjuts the spring-like action.
Difficult to explain in a few words but this is perfectly documented
in the users' manual shipped with Heliopan filters.

Now I do not know if this is the problem you are facing or not.

--
Emmanuel BIGLER
<bigler@xxxxxxxx>