[rollei_list] Heliar, Sonnar, Planar [WAS Re: off topic rants]

  • From: Sanders McNew <sanders@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 22:38:42 -0500

Okay so to pick up on Peter's query, let me expand it into territory
not exactly on-topic, but nonetheless near and dear to the hearts
of many assembled here.  We all love our Planars.  I am also
smitten with the Heliar in my Medalist, and the Sonnars in my
Teles are to die for.  (The Sonnars in the Nikkor and Zeiss LTMs
are pretty spiffy too.)

Which is best?  <Insert evil grin here.>  Which do you prefer and
what do you see as the strengths of each?

On Dec 3, 2009, at 1:07 AM, FreeLists Mailing List Manager wrote:

Peter K. wrote:

Here, here. And why Zeiss Planars are better than Schneiders Xenoslobs.