[rollei_list] Re: Happy New Year!

  • From: Jerry Lehrer <glehrer@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 19:26:47 -0800

Marc und RUGers

And likewise, a Happy New Year to you all! We should be thankful to Marc and his associates Richard Knoppow and Eric Goldstein. They made it possible for the RUG to be the only Users Group to which I still subscribe. The LUG has been reduced to a group of toadying sycophants.

But enough of that--  Happy New Year from sunny La Jolla, California!

Jerry Lehrer

Marc James Small wrote:
Happy New Year to our many members. I have run this List since 1995 or so, and we have only had one significant Crises of Nerve, that which followed the events of 11 SEP 2001, when I refused to allow the list to become a political cant forum. One-third or so of our members resigned over that one, but that is the only major issue we have had during our existence.

So, thank you, folks, for your collegiality and many kindnesses. Every time I conclude that this List has no meaning and consider ending it, you guys come up with a fascinating discussion which gives me reason to believe that we still have a purpose.

And special thanks, of course, to our many senior members, too numerous to mention by name. I shall make an exception to honor the List's moderators, Richard Knoppow and Eric Goldstein. (Stan Yoder is still technically a moderator, but he unsubscribed years back when he went over to the Dark Side, but thanks to him, as well: he earned his keep way back when, dealing with the more wayward side of my family.)

Happy New Year, Rollei Folks!

Marc James Small
Rollei List Owner

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx