[rollei_list] Re: Happy MLK Day

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 22:04:37 -0600

At 03:05 PM 1/21/2009, Robert Lilley wrote, in part:
Austin,

Obama's inauguration speech said what he's has been saying all along and there hasn't been any 'new' content in anyone's declamation since the economy tanked during the election. I for one am tired of political rhetoric regardless of party at this point. I'm with you - I say lets all be really quiet so we can hear 'em do something.

Lest you forget I wrote a few days back that I had heard his speech several times and the inauguration speech would be more of the same.

I previously wrote:

New face, most likely, but not everything Bush did was bad.

The ability and experience to get things done is more important to me. I have grave concerns that the new president has the skills and experience to fix our problems. I say that because he only has one speech which I no longer listen to. It's easy, and very appealing to roll out a list of problems and say they should be fixed.

We will hear much the same speech tomorrow:

1. List of problems
2. We have to have change and change will fix them

Maybe if he had some different speeches maybe I would have greater confidence in him.

(Of course he will now have to talk without a TelePrompTer)

DAW