[rollei_list] Re: Happy MLK Day

  • From: "Peter K." <peterk727@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 07:14:46 -0800

Color did not matter. Regardless when people watched their savings dwindle,
their jobs lost, and the economy in the toilet they wanted a change. No
matter who was running. People will usually tolerate anything, except when
it impacts their pocketbooks. Then they prefer not to be left with change
(coins).

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 10:07 PM, Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> At 12:34 AM 1/20/2009, Robert Meier wrote:
> >Both figures are from Wikipedia.
>
> Thank you.  A Wikipedia article which does not cite a further source is not
> acceptable as evidence of anything, I fear.
>
> In any event, my principal point was that US Blacks have, since 1950, been
> becoming more inclined to vote Republican.  That has to be viewed in the
> context of all elections over a period of decades.  A single election proves
> nothing:  Roanoke, Virginia, long had a Black Republican mayor who regularly
> got 70% or more of the Black vote but that is an extraordinary circumstance
> and proves little save that Noel was much loved and respected by most of the
> citizens of that fine town.  This past Presidential election was also
> singular, and you cannot build a case on a single instance.
>

> Marc
>

> msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!

> - Subscribe at rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe' in the