[rollei_list] Re: Grossly OT: California and Politics

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 15:50:19 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "WILLIAM SCHILLEREFF" <frwilliam@xxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, September 26, 2005 10:07 AM
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: Grossly OT: California and Politics

NIxon? Does anyone rmember if the price controls worked. Sounds like a good idea but only if they have a chance of not screwing things up even worse! That was 1971 and we still had gas lines and high inflation, but did they accomplish some good?

Bill Schillereff

It seems to me they did. The purpose was to stop runaway inflation. This was a temporary fix. The original problem was caused by incompetent fiscal policy.
I don't want to get started on this because it makes me mad plus I will never convince those who think things are just fine that they are not but a great deal of what is popularly thought about economics is just myth. Too bad.
BTW, I recently saw a short speech by Calvin Coolege made as a test of the Movietone film sound system. He spoke the kind of nonsense that would fit right in today. Basically, taxes are bad and are the root of all evil.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx