[rollei_list] Fwd: Re: Planar vs. Xenotar test

  • From: Peter Kotsinadelis <peterk727@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 20:11:23 -0800

Depends on how much you want to spend. Best bang for the buck is a
Vivitar 285HV. About $US60 on ebay. Plenty of power and has both
manual and auto modes and also a zoom (manual) piece where you can set
the coverage for 35mm, 50mm, or 85mm. I leave it set to 35mm so it
covers the edges nicely with my TLR.
Now if you want a more potent flash with plenty of kick and auto and
manual settings, the QFlash T2 is a great flash, but it runs about
$US350 with required turbo battery. Also it is considerably larger
than the Vivitar 285HV.

Peter K

--=20
Peter K