[rollei_list] Re: Fridays

  • From: Mark Rabiner <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 02:51:55 -0400

Leica was bought by a famous Austrian Dr. Andreas Kaufmann
"owner and CEO of Leica Camera, Leica
Salzburg ACM Projektentwicklungs GmbH
He owns several optical companies;
Is the 4th richest Man in the Milky Way.
And appears to be a man of great vision.
Can see Andromeda without special glasses.
We seem to be in capable hands.
He's coming out with a sub medium format digital camera system to rival the
Hasselblads made by Fuji with backs from Copenhagen which now dominate much
high end shooting.
The S2.
A new Leica 18mm f/3.8 ASPH for the Leica M has come out and a 24 1.4 and a
21 1.4 and a new .95 Noctilux. The fastest lens in this Galaxy Cluster.
When the M8 evolves into a full frame M9 Leica will be back in the ballgame
like never before. Or at least before the Nikon F hit. Maybe better.

Also a new slow compact Elmar-M 24mm f/3.8 Aspherical lens.

Cooking with steam now.
Or oil.
Whichever's best.

Marc James Small

> At 11:33 AM 7/22/2009, Peter K. wrote:
>
>> Since we are restricted to Fridays as a for sale
>> day, are we allowed to at least send out a query
>> about something we may offer on Friday without a
>> price. Like "...thinking of selling xyz. Is it
>> worth x?" Just trying to find out what things are worth.
>>
>> BTW, is the LUG still active? Just wondering
>> with Leica on the ropes if the list still operates.
>
> Queries about putative values are certainly okay any day of the week.
>
> I unsubscribed from the Leica Unphotography Group
> some months back as it had become 100% 24/7
> digital.  I was not aware that Leica was on the
> ropes and I believe that the LUG is still very
> much in business.  Mark Rabiner would know more as he is quite active there.
>
> Marc
>

> msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!

Mark William Rabiner